Saturday, October 09, 2021

Sew4thesoulbook #3


I'm on a teaching break, so lots of time to dedicate to this project. Spread 3, pages 5 & 6, had the prompt of using a color which we don't normally work with, and use Suffolk puffs or "Yo-yo's" as they are referred to here in the US. I would have chosen brown as my color but I had no brown fabric 🤣. So I chose pink and purple. These colors aren't distasteful to me, but I use more gem tones and very little pink. I added a splash of teal, one of my favorite colors, and a splash of yellow that flows from spread to spread. Rather than spend time making yo-yo's (my first attempt was unsuccessful), I ordered a batch from NonnasAtticShop  on Etsy. They worked well with this project, adding color and texture to the pages. I've added pink and purple buttons and clusters of pink beads. The other items I don't normally use are the lace and the snippet of doily. I like the effect of the lace. Less enthused about the doily which seems to dominate the page. But this fabric book project is an experiment, and this spread provided an opportunity to do things I've not done before.


2 comments:

jacki long said...

Really lovely, Jan. I love when you can tell that the artist was having fun making it!

Jan's Art and Musings said...

Thanks, Jacki. You and I are of the same mind -- making art should be fun!