Monday, October 18, 2021

More Sew4thesoulbook

 Loving working in this book form! It is fun to see the pages as they progress. This is pages 7 and 8. The prompt was to use lots of fabrics woven, add stitches and items of interest to the grids created by the weaving.


I added beads a friend had brought back from Africa that I had hoarded. I love that they have a place now in this book. This was a fun page to create.

Sew4thesoulbook, pages 9 and 10. This spread was to be a "break" from all the fabric and stitching of the previous pages. We were to use only two fabrics and create lots of stitching along the smaller fabric. We were also to create a hole that will eventually peek into the next spread. I chose a favorite color combination; stitching in the same color family with a few pops of red. I really enjoyed this spread because I'm not new to embroidery stitches but have not done them in quite some time. It was fun following YT videos to relearn them. My embroidery is far from perfect, but it was fun.

2 comments:

jacki long said...

Really lovely, Jan. I love it when you can tell the artist was having fun.

Jan's Art and Musings said...

Thank Jacki. You and I are of the same mind. Arting should be fun!