Thursday, August 13, 2020

Knitting for Charity

 I love to knit. I started knitting a couple of years ago and cannot stop. Mostly scarves and blankets. Last year I began to knit for charity.

Operation Gratitude donates packages to deployed military. They like to include a hand made item with each package. Last year I donated 9 scarves for holiday packages. This year I participated in the RED Scarf Challenge. Remembering Everyone Deployed. I donated these:

I'm now donating to this organization: Alice's Embrace. Alice's Embrace is a non-profit organization devoted to providing hand-knit and hand-crocheted prayer shawls and lap blankets to those suffering from Alzheimer's disease. I've just finished the first two projects:


The above is a prayer shawl. Below is a lap blanket. 


Both are washed and ready to be mailed. 

These projects feed my creativity as each is a different pattern. And as I usually have two projects going at the same time, a scarf and a blanket/shawl, it is also a mental workout. Makes me happy!

2 comments:

jacki long said...

How wonderful to give such beauty and caring to others and do what you love to do.
A wonderful feeling, I am sure, Jan. Bravo.

Jan's Art and Musings said...

Thank you, Jacki. It is a wonderful feeling.