Wednesday, January 07, 2015

A switch to digital collage?

The first challenge for the Documented Life Project (DLP) is to use book paper as a first layer. The journal prompt is "Be Your Own Goal Keeper". I'm using the dylusions creative journal 5x8 size for these prompts. For the physical page, I glued a variety of book papers, followed by a layer of gesso. Then some paint and stenciling. I decided to use a snippet from a photograph as a pocket to hold a tag for my journaling. A painted birdie awaits "soaring" with my goals.
very unfinished!
Having decided to do both digital and physical and see which I like better, I started my digital version while waiting for "paint to dry". Within an hour I had produced a page that I love. It has several layers: book pages (which I'd scanned in), papers that look like a layer of gesso, paint splotches, embellishments that I've created from my own art background pages (circles, borders), the photo snippet and the birdie. I love how easy the text is to create. 
DLP Week 1:  Digital Collage
This would have taken me a long time to complete on the physical page. So, I stopped working on that and have the two side by side in my journal. I'll continue this personal challenge for a while and see where it leads me.

No comments: