Tuesday, December 31, 2013

fiber art


I've been knitting and having a blast. The first piece was shown in unfinished state a couple of blogs back. Here is the finished piece. I love how "funky" and colorful it is. I'm leaving it on the needle for presentation because I think it adds to the character of the piece.

Flamingo Dancer
Flamingo Dancer detail
I tied the two sections together, drawing from the tied quilt method.
The piece below is the second of the smaller pieces I've created for presents. This one will go to my son and daughter-in-law. It was a puzzle up until yesterday how to present these pieces. I thought of a frame but when I got to Aaron Brothers, I couldn't find a frame I liked so I picked up two canvases. I painted them dark and added glitter to represent the night sky as well as provide a dark background to contrast with the bright colors.
Sunrise 2
Sunrise 2 detail
This piece was the first of the smaller ones. To be gifted to my daughter who loves sunrises, I tried, with both, to "paint" with yarn. The pictures don't show the texture and colors well.
Sunrise 1
Sunrise 1 Detail
I can't wait to give these on Wednesday (my birthday)!

No comments: