Well, here I am at the end of Week 2 of Retirement. I haven't accomplished much these two weeks. The question is, "Is this OK? Am I enjoying myself? Am I happy?"
WHAT AM I FEELING?
- I'm relieved to have the decision behind me - it weighed heavily on my mind for so long.
- I'm relieved to have the "last day" behind me as that day had loomed in the future for the past two years.
- I feel "Free" - which I've yearned for for so long. Freedom to do whatever. There has been a yearning to have "freedom to do art". Yet I've done very little art in the last two weeks.
- I feel a little "At Odds" and "Weird" with no deadlines. I've had projects with deadlines for so long, it is a little disconcerting.
- I worry a little that I could go days, weeks, even months (!) with accomplishing very little.
- I feel the sense of "Nothingness", being in limbo, that process that William Bridges describes as the Neutral Zone.
- I know I'll develop a "routine" and my energy level will rise and a "new beginning" will emerge ... at some point.
Next week I have deadlines as I need to do my final project for the Text and Imagery class and get the guest room ready for friends who arrive on Friday. In the meantime, I intend to enjoy this weekend with no pressure to "do anything".
Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day.