Saturday, February 28, 2009

A new day dawns

There is something so "fresh" about early morning ... a time filled with possibilities. The brais is (somewhat) clear and ready for new beginnings. Even when sleep was restless, the dawn brings HOPE that the day will be a good one, a fulfilling one, a stimulating one, a restful one ... whatever the hope is. For me, early morning is this ... quiet time, a cup of coffee, time with my thoughts, and this age-old tradition of journaling.
This process releases anxiety and worries, if only for as long as I write. Meditative in nature, it is a way to focus and channel my thoughts and give them a space to be heard and honored.


As I look around, I am connected to creativity and possibility. Stimulated. Or frustrated if I cannot pursue what my hearts yearns to pursue that day. But even in my frustration, I am at peace, momentarily, with the world and my place in it. I am re-connected to those that came before me and those that will come after. Reconnected in HOPE and POSSIBILITY and CREATIVITY. Honoring the creative process, I return from my meditative thoughts and enter the day with energy and thankfulness for having connected with the SOURCE of new ideas and new beginnings.

No comments: