Sunday, October 05, 2008

Bookmaking with Jill Berry

Last weekend, I had the opportunity to take a wonderful workshop with artist Jill Berry of Colorado. Taskmaster supreme, Jill had us make 13 books in 3 days! What fun we had, painting and folding and cutting papers to make all kinds of creative books structures. Jill’s mom, Jody, is one of my creative friends and it was delightful to spend the weekend in this class with her. Ojai is a neat artsy town north of LA, filled with art galleries and shops. The workshop was at Artful Living, a historical house with a stop filled with goodies. The residential area is used for art workshops. Margarita Marv served margaritas at 5pm each day, which we enjoyed on the porch. A nice end to a day of arting. Here are pictures of some of the books I made.

Hop over to
my other blog for a story of my creative process as I created one of the books.















1 comment:

Karoda said...

i've just returned from my first of four classes with laurie doctor who teaches calligraphy with an artist' sensibilities...we'll make a book as having something to show for the class. i went with the intent of learning new ways to mark on fabric but she made the class so interesting that i can see working with paper as a new interest for me. thanks for sharing your books...laurie had some great hand made journals she shared