I had four layers: the top piece where I added paint directly, cotton muslin fabric, another piece of lutradur, and paper towels.
I used the fabric as the background for this piece. To the fabric, I collaged text from an old book, and pieces of paper towlels. The focal point is from the crazy patchwork I made with reds and purples. I realize as I look at it that I need to bring in more purple into the background. I also realize that the piece is fairly dark, with little contrast. I actually used voile netting to "tone down" the pieced fabric because there was too much contrast. The background just needs some more purple and some "highlights".
I think she has become my "signature" -- peaceful warrier.