- I don’t know how to swim or ride a bike. Well I learned how to swim when I lived in a house with a pool but now I'm afraid of the water. My mother didn't swim or ride bikes and she never taught my brother or me.
- I grew up in Philadelphia, PA, in the Mount Airy section (for any blogger familiar with Philly).
- As a child, I lined my dolls up on my bed and stood at the end of the bed "lecturing" to them. I also played "secretary". Instead of girlie things in my vanity, I had paper and paper clips and staples, etc. (I was in love with Eve Arden.) My first job was as a secretary, and my last job is a professor.
- I belong to a monthly book group but I don't remember most of what I've read. It's like, once read, they leave the brain. I forget most movies also.
- I’m currently working my way through the Elm Creek quilt novels by Jennifer Chiaverine. They are fun, light and easy reading.
- During my recent trip, I became hooked on suduku. It kept me occupied during the long plane rides. I'm still at the beginner stage, but find it incredibly relaxing.
- I was once a professional seamstress. My last client was a teenage girl who needed a wardrobe for summer camp. This was at the time my family was preparing to move to California. Sometime between the first and final (or so I thought) fitting, she had developed breasts. Phew ... that added to the stress of packing!
I'm tagging ...