Monday, April 16, 2007
This is my very first art quilt. I started it last summer and finally finished it this winter. Following the traditional nine-block design, I used commercial fabrics for the background of each block. I used hand painted cotton for the circles (Luminere paints). I fused the fabrics together, and used machine and hand stitching. The blocks are machine stitched to a background fabric that I had “decorated” with some fancy machine stitching. I added beads in a sort of flowing line to create additional dimension. The circles reminded me of dancing and happy times. Approximately 15x15.