Friday, March 30, 2007

Frustrated No More ...


This is the piece that emerged from the one I posted a few weeks ago where I was frustrated because one section had shrunk and shriveled. Well, I took Nellie's advice and went on a deconstruction journey.

I got out my heat gun (which I'd been given last year for Christmas and never used, I'm talking Christmas 2005) and tried to burn and shrink and shrivel as much as possible. Actually, it was a lot of fun. I couldn't believe I was trying to "ruin" something that had started out so "pretty."


This was the original "boo boo" area that had caused me such ansgt.

After burning and slashing, it now fits with the rest of the piece.









Here's another section that was seriously melted.


Posted by PicasaThen, once I'd finished the burning and melting, I drizzled glitter paint all over. I also added some sheet artist paper in places. I like it. I didn't finish it in time to submit it, but I certainly learned a lot on this piece.

4 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

Amazing! Marvelous! I love it! On first glance it looks like a pretty flower quilt decorated with buttons and beads. Close inspection, POW! A reflection of so many situations in life ...

FARBTUPFER said...

These flowers are filled with colour, filled with life, very interesting!

Barbara said...

I learn a lot of your creations. You see !? We learn a lot of each other.
greetings Barbara

Judy Hartman said...

This is an interesting tale of "accidental art"! The completed piece is wonderful!