Sunday, December 02, 2012

Blogging Hiatus

I'm taking a blogging hiatus for the month of December. I have a love/hate relationship with blogging. I love being part of the virtual artist community. I've enjoyed many of the posts I've shared. I have hoped to inspire anyone who is reading to create something. I've used this blog to document my artist journey.

The challenge is that I don't always feel like writing for this blog. I keep a written journal with daily morning entries. I don't have a strong need to write here about why I've chosen to do (or not to do) something in terms of creating.

So I have more recently used the blog to present my art. But that doesn't work either because sometimes I just want to upload the photo to Flickr, describe it there, and be done with it (using the internet as safe keeping of my photos.)

Every once in a while I feel compelled to share where I've been. But that isn't the purpose of the blog.

But then again, I've lost track of the purpose of the blog.

So, I'm taking a hiatus from posting. Perhaps with the new year my intentions around blogging will become clear.

I L.O.V.E. viewing other folks blogs. In fact I can do that for hours on end. The problem with that is obvious. While I've gathered inspiration, I've also spent time looking and not doing. I won't give up my viewing, but I will try and limit it and use it more wisely.
In the meantime ... I hope you have a wonderful holiday. I hope it is filled with peace and love.
And if you want to keep up with the art I'm creating, simply click on the Flickr element on the side. 


Lynn Fisher said...

Have a lovely December...can't really blame you, it's a busy time isn'y it. Take care, Lynn

Wendy @ the Late Start Studio said...

I've been thinking along similar lines Jan - I'm wondering if my introspection is partly to do with being in my mid 60s. A big rethink about how I spend my time, what my priorities are and few posts - except I've left it unexplained.

Jan said...

Lynn, thanks for stopping by and leaving a message.

Jan said...

Wendy, we appear to be in a similar place (age wise and reflecting on priorities). Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.