Sunday, February 11, 2007

Heart Art II - Valentine's Cards




After withdrawing my name from the ATC swap on Thursday, on Friday I was able to dedicate most of the day to creating Valentine’s cards. The muse was present – I created 12 cards! I don’t even have 12 people to send them to. I just kept on creating. Time was lost. Oh, I absolutely LOVE that feeling. These cards are all kinds of papers: painted paper towels, tissue papers, handmade artist papers, scrapbook papers. They are embellished with hand and machine stitching, glitter, paint, netting and fibers. It has been a long time since I’ve worked with papers and glue. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nellie's Needles said...

Jan, I just read all of your posts and saw some amazing pieces. In my opinion you're on a good track. All your experimenting is making you aware of different directions so you can make choices. I realize this is the frustrating time of "finding your voice", but it's a good way to get "there". Just keep in mind that this journey is "the adventure". Your excitement with this exploration and playing is what really matters.

You'll be in toolbar favorites, so I'll be back on a regular basis to enjoy and chat about your work.