Sunday, September 10, 2006

Frustrating Art Day

I’m having a terrible time in the studio today. It’s my only day to make art until next Sunday. I had high hopes to work on both the wall quilt and begin the peace quilt.

Once again the peace quilt has caused me frustration. I am simply not able to construct what is in my head, even with a sketch, actually many sketches. It just isn’t working. All I have left after several hours is these two pieces, using some of the fabrics from around the world (not all because these are just “practice” and I don’t want to waste the good stuff.












Now what? Why can’t I see my way to indicate what these pieces of fabric mean? Why are some days so frustrating??? I think I’ll stop and water my garden and do some beading on other pieces and leave these to brew for a while. I hate it when I don’t finish my art day with something to show (i.e., an almost finished product.)

No comments: